Does this work with Ark Survival?

Aug 14, 2015 at 2:37 PM
Hi,

I am trying to use this to get a player list from Ark Survival server which is a game on steam but I am not getting any response from server, it just times out even if I increase the timeout.

I tried both EngineType.Source and EngineType.GoldSource.

Thanks
Aug 14, 2015 at 4:09 PM
I found out its only working on some unofficial servers. Is it possible to get it working on official servers?

Also, is there anyway to get steam ID? I see it isn't a property in Player class but is this something that can be done?
Aug 14, 2015 at 5:27 PM
Hi Again,

Sorry to bombard you with questions but I don't seem to be able to get a master list. The callback doesn't fire for some reason. In the tutorial the code was slightly confusing and I had to re-arrange it like below. Did I do somehting wrong?
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading.Tasks;
using QueryMaster;
using System.Collections.ObjectModel;
using System.Net;

namespace ArkAlertProto
{
    class Program
    {
        static void recv(ReadOnlyCollection<IPEndPoint> endPoints)
        {
            foreach (IPEndPoint i in endPoints)
            {
                //"0.0.0.0:0" is the last address 
                if (i.Address.ToString() != "0.0.0.0")
                    Console.WriteLine(i);
            }
        }

static void Main(string[] args)
        {

MasterServer server = MasterQuery.GetMasterServerInstance(EngineType.Source);

server.GetAddresses(Region.Europe, recv);

server.Dispose();

Console.ReadLine();
        }
    }
}
Aug 15, 2015 at 10:06 PM
The problem is Region.Europe.
Use of the region is deprecated and newer games only register themselves to the "world" region.
Despite the name "Rest_of_the_World" in the enum, this value actually means "The_Whole_World".

Also not documented anywhere by Valve is the fact that the master server throttles each client IP to a maximum of 30 replies per minute.
In my browser I cap the list at 500 results so that the user is able to run further queries with refined filter criteria.

You can download my browser from https://github.com/PredatH0r/SteamServerBrowser and enter 346110 in the Game combo box to get a list of ARK servers.